Want to know how to add IDM Extensions in Chrome? Read the full article and let us know in the comments if it helped.
- Open the Program Files (x86) and find the Internet Download Manager folder.
- Locate the file IDMGCExt.crx in the folder.
- Drag and drop the file to the Google Chrome extensions tab. The IDM extension will be installed in the Chrome browser.
If you frequently download things like videos, software, and games from the Internet, you probably know about IDM. It is no exaggeration to say that it is one of the best download programs for Windows computer.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. All the latest browsers come with built-in loaders, for example. However, these built-in download managers are best for downloading small files. Larger files require a loader that can download files faster.
Internet Download Manager
Most people use Internet Download Manager (IDM) because of the download speed it provides. Provides faster download speeds than other downloaders available on the Internet. If you do not believe us, you can check.
When you install IDM, the upgrade is automatically added to your standard browser. When you watch any video on YouTube or any other site, you will see a “Upload this video” tab on it. If you see this tab, IDM works perfectly. Otherwise, there may be a problem with the IDM extension for the Chrome browser. If you have a problem with IDM expansion, we will help you solve it.
The Cause Behind the IDM Expansion Problem
First you need to check if the IDM is new. If it has been updated and you still can’t see the IDM download tab, the problem is clearly an extension. On the other hand, if you are using an older version, you must update it to the latest version. Why do you need to update? Because sometimes IDM can’t add the “IDM Integration Module” extension to the Chrome browser. This is due to compatibility issues. So you need to update your IDM to fix this compatibility issue.
This expansion problem mainly occurs in Google Chrome, so we’ll let you know how to fix it. As mentioned earlier, the extension is added automatically when we install IDM. However, when you encounter this expansion problem, you need to manually add the IDM extension to Google Chrome. How to add IDM extension in Chrome? You should read the whole article. But first we’ll tell you how to check if you’re using the latest IDM version.
How To Check IDM Update
If you don’t know how to check the IDM version details, follow the step below.
- Open the Internet download manager.
- After that, click the Help button.
- Check for Updates now.
- If you are using the latest version, you will see the following message.
You are using the latest version of Internet Download Manager. Please check for updates later.
- If you are using an older version, it will start downloading the latest IDM version and installing it on your computer.
Updating IDM can solve your problem, as it will automatically add IDM extensions to your chrome browser. However, if updating the IDM does not resolve your issue, you must manually add the extension or check the IDM settings.
Check The IDM Browser Integration Settings
- Open the Internet download manager.
- Click on options.
- Next, you need to check if the “Use advanced browser integration” option is enabled.
- If not, enable this option to add an IDM extension in Chrome.
- Also, check if Google Chrome is active in the “Download Downloads from the following browsers” list.
- If Google Chrome is not active, activate it.
If that doesn’t solve the problem, the only thing you can do is add the IDM extension manually. The Chrome Web Store has many IDM integration module extensions, but there are many fake extensions in the Web Store. We will provide a direct link to the IDM extension for your convenience. So you don’t have to waste time looking for an extension in the chrome web store.
IDM Extension is downloaded
To add the IDM integration module extension, you need to follow some steps.
- IDM must be installed on your computer to install the extension in chrome.
- If you already have IDM installed on your computer, use the link below to add the IDM extension to chrome.
- Then you start the “Add Chrome” button.
- Now click on Add Extension to install Internet Download Manager extension in Chrome.
- In the upper right corner of Google Chrome, you will see the IDM logo with all the built-in extension logos.
Now, in the part where we will explain how to add an IDM extension with a .crx file in chrome, drag and drop it into the chrome extension window.
Manually Add IDM Extensions in Chrome
To add an IDM extension manually, follow the steps below.
- You must first open Google Chrome.
- Next, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Now go to More tools where you can find the expansion option.
- Click on extensions.
- After that, the Chrome browser extension window will open.
- If the extension is already installed, remove the IDM extension. You can do this by clicking the Delete button.
- After that, you need to open File Explorer.
- Now open the driver where you installed the Internet download manager.
- Click on Program Files (x86).
- Then find and open the internet download manager folder.
- Now look for crx or IDMGCEext.
- Once you find the crx file, drag and drop the file to the Google Chrome extension page.
- The following message will appear on the computer’s permission screen.
Extensions, applications, and themes can damage your computer. Are you sure you want to continue
- Click Continue to manually install IDM extension in chrome browser.
Now open YouTube and play any video to check if the IDM extension is working properly. If the “Upload This Video” icon appears at the top of the video, it indicates that the IDM extension has been successfully added.
In short, these are some ways to add IDM extension in chrome. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the IDM on your computer. Sometimes a Google Chrome update also causes IDM to not work properly. So you need to know how to add the IDM extension in chrome manually. If you encounter any problems with the procedures described in the article, feel free to write about it in the comments below.