No matter how large the area of your hard drive, there will always be a time when it is not enough. As you store more files on your system, the free disk space on your system starts to decrease every day. Therefore, it is very important to free up some disk space to put an end to annoying little storage messages. However, before freeing up disk space, you need to find out which files or programs take up a lot of memory. This brings us to the subject of this article:
Whether you use Windows or macOS as your primary operating system, we will discuss the methods in detail for both operating systems. Follow our on-screen instructions to complete the process smoothly.
How to Check Your Hard Disk Space On Windows
To check your hard disk space in Windows, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner of your screen. You can also press the Window button to open the Start menu.
- After opening the start menu, click the settings icon.
- After opening the Settings application, click on “System”.
- Go to the Memory tab and click on it. All storage details of drive ‘C’ will appear on your screen
- Scroll down to find the memory location of all the drivers and click on “View other drivers’ memory usage”.
Review all memory usage details and free up space by deleting unnecessary files.
Note: You can also check the memory through File Explorer, where the total and free space of all disks will appear on your screen.
Also Read: How Can You Sell Your Products In Daraz?
Windows users can also check their hard disk space in the following way.
- Click the “search” icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Type “computer management” in the search bar and press Enter.
- After opening the computer management program, double-click on “save”.
- In the next step, double-click on “Disk Management”.
- All the details about the hard disk space will appear on your screen.
Macintosh users should do the following to check their hard drives.
- Open the Apple menu by clicking on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen. Click on “About this mac”.
- In the next step, click the “save” button. You will see a colored bar on your screen.
- Each section of the color bar is an approximate memory area used by different files and programs.
- Click “Manage” to delete all unnecessary data and view the files.
Here you go! This is how to manage hard disk space. If you found this article useful, let us know in the comments section and share it with your friends.