PC, Mac, email signature etc. Here is a step-by-step guide to disable Avast antivirus on devices.
Since the release of Avast antivirus in 1995, it has served as a major security program on computers. It offers not only a free version, but also excellent protection against malware and viruses. However, there are situations where this protection needs to be turned off manually.
Why Should You Turn Off Avast Antivirus?
Thanks to its highly vigilant protection, Avast automatically detects potential threats from an unknown program or application. It can also sometimes block your favorite websites for security reasons.
In this case, if you choose to remove the antivirus program from its kernel, you will be exposed to many dangers and your computer will be vulnerable to viruses. Therefore, you may need to temporarily disable the antivirus for a while to continue installing the program or to go to the specific website of your choice.
You can choose to turn off all shields and all software completely, or to temporarily turn off a few special options. How to do it:
How To Turn Off Avast Antivirus Completely And Turn Off All Shields?
Note that if you turn off Avast completely, all antivirus protection on your computer will be dropped, leaving you vulnerable to threats.
- In the lower right corner, open the Windows taskbar and look for the Avast icon, which will be orange.
- Right-click on the icon and select “Avast Shield Control”. This will open the drop-down menu.
- Here you will be given four options to choose from:
- Turn off for 10 minutes
- Turn off for 1 hour
- Turn off the computer until it restarts
- disable it permanently
- Select the desired duration.
- Click “Yes” when you want your permission to confirm Avast to confirm your choice.
- Avast antivirus will no longer work for the period you have selected.
- Open the main window to check if the antivirus is really inactive. If the icon is red and you hover the mouse over it, it will say, “All antivirus shields are off.” You can then proceed to your installation or to your website without any hindrance.
- Click “Solve” and wait a while for the antivirus to reactivate. A “You are protecting” message will appear indicating that the antivirus has been restarted.
How To Turn Off Some Selected Avast Shields?
There are some situations where you do not need to turn off all antivirus. If you deactivate certain selected shields, you can continue to perform your duties and remain protected without exposing yourself to security threats. How can you achieve this:
- Open the Avast user interface.
- Go to the “Protection” tab on the left.
- Select the “Core Shields” option. Here you will see a list of shields that are on / off for each.
- To turn off a specific shield, press the toggle button and set it to the “off” position.
- After that, Avast will ask you how long you want to turn off the shield.
- Select the desired option and click “OK”.
- To restart the shield, set it to “on” and the “You are protecting” message will appear.
It would be wiser to reactivate all shields after completing your mission to achieve maximum security.
How To Turn Off Avast On Mac?
Enabling or disabling Avast antivirus is a little different for Mac users. If you’re using a Mac, you need to follow these steps to turn off Avast:
- Open ‘Avast Security’ on your MacBook. ‘Go to preferences. Here you will find three points of Avast Shield. Click the “Disable” button on all shields you want to turn off.
How To Turn Off Avast Email Signature?
By default, on some computers with Avast installed, the email signature option is enabled automatically. If you send an email from such a computer, some automatic messages will appear, such as “This email was sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.” Such messages can sometimes be annoying for the recipient.
If you want to turn off this option, all you need is:
- Navigate to the Avast icon and click the “Open Avast UI” button.
- In the upper right corner you will find a menu where you can find the “Settings” tab.
- Find the “Activate Avast Email Signature” option and turn it off.
- Click “OK” and close the settings.
- Restart your web browser to see if the setting works. No email signatures are added to your outgoing mail.
How To Turn Off Avast PopUps?
Almost every program comes with its own notifications that update the user about certain software-related activities. Avast also comes with a notification function that shows all Avast activities, updates, alerts, alerts and settings. Such pop-ups can sometimes disrupt your business and you may want to close them. Here’s the process to do this:
- Open “Avast UI” and go to “Menu”.
- Open “Settings” and go to the “General” section.
- Here you will find the “Notifications” option. Uncheck the box next to “Silent Mode”.
- You will no longer receive any pop-ups from Avast on your computer.
It would be wiser not to close all Avast software, as it protects your computer from many malicious viruses. You should choose to do this only in the worst case scenario and make sure you restart your computer to avoid risk.