- To register your mobile device in PTA, you need to dial * 8484 # from your mobile phone.
- Different options will appear on your screen, press 1 for mobile recording.
- You will be asked for nationality, if you are a Pakistani citizen, press button 1, if you are a foreigner, press button 2.
- Enter your CNIC number and mobile IMEI to complete this registration process.
If you use a mobile phone that is not registered with the PTA, your mobile phone will be blocked. This article is about how to register Mobile in PTA, so make sure you read all the instructions and follow the steps below.
The PTA advised people to register their mobile phones with the PTA. If you register your mobile phone with the PTA, you will not receive a message from the PTA to register your mobile phone and your mobile phone will not be blocked.
PTA has started registering these mobile phones to be able to track mobile devices. Most mobile devices in Pakistan are imported. To track these mobile phones and stop cell phone smuggling in Pakistan, the PTA has started registering these mobile phones.
If you buy a new mobile phone from the store, you must buy one with a PTA-certified stamp on the box.
If you are returning to Pakistan from abroad, the PTA device allows you to register for free. If you have more than one device, you need to register other mobile devices. If you want to use this mobile device in Pakistan for more than 60 days, you must pay the appropriate tax for the device. In this article we will tell you about “How to register mobile phones in PTA”.
What is a PTA?
The PTA (Pakistan Telecommunications Authority) is the regulatory body that regulates and oversees the telecommunications system in Pakistan.
What is DIRBS?
In 2018, the PTA (Pakistan Telecommunications Organization) introduced this mobile recording system to track all mobile phones. DIRBS is a device identification, registration and blocking system. This is a mobile device ecosystem provided by the PTA to ensure that only legitimate devices are used over mobile networks in Pakistan. The PTA has launched DIRBS to identify the device and block smuggled mobile phones.
To verify your mobile registration
You can check if your mobile phone is registered in the PTA by sending a message to 8484. Enter the mobile IMEI in the message and send it to 8484. You will receive a message from the PTA confirming that your device has been approved.
To check the IMEI of your mobile phone, dial *#06# from your mobile device. If you have a mobile phone with two SIM cards, your mobile phone will have two different IMEI numbers. When you dial *#06# from your mobile device, you will receive a 15-digit IMEI number. You can also find the IMEI number in the mobile phone settings.
You can also check the status of the device at https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/. After sending the IMEI number of your mobile device to 8484, you will receive the following message.
When you send a message to 8484, you will receive one of the following messages:
- The device is IMEI (PTA Certified), ie PTA certified and you can use all network services.
- The device’s IMEI is not compatible, but you can still use network services. If there are no complaints about your device, send an SMS or call to register your device.
- The IMEI of the device is blocked, ie your mobile device is blocked and you cannot use it in Pakistan. You have to pay taxes to use it.
After receiving a blocked IMEI message from PTA, you need to register your mobile device to use it. You can register your mobile phone in different ways and we will cover the registration methods in this article.
Resist mobile phone via USSD.
To register by dialing * 8484 #, follow these steps:
- Dial *8484# from your mobile phone.
- Dial *8484# and you will see various options. Press 1 to register your mobile device.
- Now answer 1 if you are a Pakistani citizen and 2 if you are a foreigner.
- Again, if it’s your first device, answer 1. Your first device will be registered for free.
- Now you need to enter your passport number and CNIC.
- Now answer with the few SIM slots available on your mobile device.
- Enter your IMEI number and if you have a dual SIM, enter both IMEI numbers.
- Answer 1 to complete this registration request. Your request will be sent to the PTA.
If all the credentials you provide are valid, you will receive a confirmation message from 8484. If your credentials are incorrect, you will need to repeat the steps above.
Register with Mobile Phone DIBS
Follow these steps to register through DIRBS (Device Identification, Registration and Locking System).
- Open your browser and type https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs to open the Device Registration Portal.
- You must be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, click Register.
- After clicking the register button, a form will appear in front of you. Fill in all the necessary information to fill out the form.
- First select the intention and user type.
- For the purpose, you will choose personal / individual for mobile / tablet computers, and local or foreign for the user type.
- Enter all your details along with your email, passport number, phone number and address to complete the registration procedure.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation link. Click on it to confirm your account.
- Log in to your account now.
- Once logged in, you will see a notification window and an individual COC option on the left. Apply for COC.
- Now enter your IMEI number and contact number of your mobile device.
- You will receive a text from the PTA stating whether you need to pay taxes for your mobile phone.
- Click on My Application to track the status of the application.
You can register your mobile phone through the PTA mobile application (Android only) and the Cellular mobile operator’s facilitation centers. If you are traveling to Pakistan for only a month, you must register your mobile device here, but if you stay for more than 60 days, you must register your mobile phone. After 60 days, you will not be able to use your mobile phone in Pakistan.