Learn how to unblock your PTA-blocked phone
Your phone can sometimes be blocked according to the laws and regulations set by the PTA, but don’t worry, this is not the end of the world. To unblock a phone blocked by PTA, just review this article and follow the instructions.
Why did the PTA block your phone?
If your mobile phone is not registered with the PTA after using it for a while, it is likely that your phone will be blocked. It is important to register your phone as it helps the PTA to track devices that have been legally imported and smuggled into Pakistan. In most cases, such phones that the owner carries when traveling abroad are not registered with the PTA and must be taxed in order to continue using them.
You can easily unlock a phone that has been blocked by the authorities:
- Follow this link to open the official website of the PTA.
- You will see a menu in the lower right corner. Select the last “Online Mobile Registration” option to continue.
- When you click on this option, the new tab will automatically take you to where you need to create a new account and register as a new user.
- You will be asked to provide your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, city, passport number, CNIC and password.
- When you fill in all the information on the form, your membership process will be completed.
- You will be sent an activation link via email to access your account.
- Log in to your newly created account and register your phone.
- It is important to note that you can only register one mobile phone per year for free. You will have to pay tax for other phones you want to register.
- You will also be asked to add your IMEI number from the phone box.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a text message on your phone indicating your PSID number and COC ID.
- If there is any amount of tax you have to pay for your device, it will be indicated in the SMS.
- Pakistani MCB, ABL or NBP, etc. to complete the registration of your PTA blocked phone. You will have to pay taxes at any large bank branch such as
- After payment, you will receive a text message stating that your phone is PTA certified.
How much tax do you have to pay?
The tax calculation is based on the price of the device you use. Even if you bring a used phone from abroad, the tax will be at the current market rate.