The Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) is the government agency that manages and organizes telecommunications systems in the country. In the 2000s, mobile phones began to become cheaper and more readily available to the public. The number of mobile phone subscribers in Pakistan has risen sharply in recent years. In 2009, an improved PTA SIM Information System was introduced to keep a digital record of the growing number of SIM subscribers.
This system allows the general public, together with network operators, to check the number of active SIMs against their CNICs. So, if you do not know the process of checking the number of active SIMs with your ID, then we have covered you. In this blog, we will discuss the PTA SIM Information System and related services in detail.
First of all, let’s learn in detail about SIM cards and how many SIMs you can store in a CNIC.
As part of the Global Mobile System (GSM), the subscriber’s identity module (SIM) card stores all the subscriber’s information. They are useful because they can be easily removed and installed on other mobile devices when your phone breaks down or runs out of battery. They are also very useful in the PTA SIM verification process via CNIC.
Pakistan currently has four GSM operators serving millions of mobile subscribers. Jazz / Varid, Telenor, Ufone and Zong, you’ve heard them all. Now let’s find the number of SIMs you can store in the CNIC.
HOW MANY SIMS YOU CAN REGISTER AGAINST YOUR CNIC
Yes, you can have several SIM cards registered in your name against CNIC. The Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) allows individuals to connect up to a maximum of 5 SIM cards at a time. Now that you know how many SIMs you can store in the CNIC, let’s learn more about checking their status.
HOW TO CHECK ACTIVE SIMS AGAINST YOUR CNIC
PTA SIM Information System has offered the most modern solutions in this regard. So, if you are interested in how to test active SIMs against CNIC, there are basically two ways. One way is to check the SIM information through the website, the other way is via SMS. Let’s learn more about them.
PTA SIM INFORMATION CHECK THROUGH WEBSITE
Learn the exact number of SIMs registered on the CNIC by visiting the website below. Follow the step-by-step process shown below
Address Sim Information Website cnic.sims.pk
- When you enter the PTA SIM Information site, you will see the screen above.
- The next step is to enter your CNIC number in the field.
- In a few seconds you will get the desired results in tabular form.
- The table will intelligently show you the number of active sims operators.
CHECK PTA SIM INFORMATION BY SMS
Find out the exact number of SIMs registered in the CNC by sending an SMS to 668 with your ID number. This is a multi-step process.
- Open the text message window of your mobile phone
- Type CNIC without hyphens
- Send your text to 668
- You will receive a text message with the number of SIMs active against CNIC and their operator names.
Note: The cost of sending an SMS to 668 is 2 PKR plus tax. This is how PTA SIM testing is performed via CNIC.
These were two very simple ways to check the number of active SIMs registered on a CNIC. The notes were taken from the PTA SIM Information System. The effectiveness of this system also depends on the operation of the biometric system. This means that every mobile subscriber must use a biometrically validated SIM for their own security. We will now learn in detail how to check the PTA Biometric Verification System and the biometric verification status of the SIM.
PTA BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION SYSTEM
The abbreviated PTA Biometric Verification System, like BVS, is designed to ensure the security of mobile subscribers and prevent wireless connections. PTA Biometric Verification System works in cooperation with NADRA. Uses digital CNIC records for authentication of mobile subscribers. The system covers the following areas and operations:
- Get or Activate a New SIM / Wireless Stationary Connection
- Get Two Wireless / Wireless Stationary Connections
- Change of Wire / Wireless Fixed Link Property Ownership
- Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
- Reconfirmation of SIM / Wireless Fixed Line Connection
HOW TO GET A BIOMETRIC VERIFIED SIM IN PAKISTAN
To avoid blocking your SIM connection and for your security, make sure you use a SIM connection recognized by the PTA Biometric Verification System. If you are interested in how to get a biometrically verified SIM card in Pakistan, this is what you need. First, check if your SIM connection is in your name. How to do it.
HOW TO CHECK THE NAME OF THE SIM OWNER
Follow these steps to find out the name of the owner of the mobile connection
- Open the text message window of your mobile phone. Send a blank SMS to 667. You will receive a text message with the name of the owner of the mobile connection and other relevant information.
You can even check the names of the SIM owner in Pakistan through the PTA Information System.
Note: 667 SMS service is free.
SIM BIOMETRIC INSPECTION PROCESS IN PAKISTAN
Here’s what you need to know about the SIM biometric verification process in Pakistan.
- If you are buying a new SIM or replacing your old connection with a new one, visit the outlet where the BVS device is located.
- If your SIM is biometrically verified, confirm with your mobile operator.
- You must enter your thumb / fingerprint to biometrically verify your SIM connection.
- Your mobile connection is even included in NADRA’s digital recording system. The biometric technology in the PTA SIM registration system makes it easy to track numbers.
- The PTA Biometric Verification System helps authorities prevent illegal activities with the help of a fast digital tracking system.
If you have a SIM card connection that you haven’t used in years, block it for your own security. You can always turn off the SIM card connection against the CNIC. Let’s learn more about the process to be followed in this regard.
HOW TO BLOCK SIMS REGISTERED AGAINST YOUR CNIC
How to block SIM registered in CNIC. We will discuss the process step by step
- The process is more or less the same for all GSM operators.
- To deactivate a SIMIC registered SIM card, you must visit the dealer or customer service center of the relevant mobile phone company.
- There you must submit your original CNIC and fill out the form.
- You must include all three copies of the CNIC when submitting the form.
- Make sure you set aside some time for the whole process, which can take several hours. You may have to wait your turn for up to an hour. There may be other people waiting to receive service.
You can even block SIMICs registered with CNIC
For more information on PTA SIM registration and blocking, you can contact your relevant mobile operator by calling the hotline number.